NIN register online – Many people have heard about the issue of the NIN and how they can be able to get registered. So let us look at some things you need to know to get your NIN register online.
What is NIN registration online?
It is a step-by-step guide to help you get your NIN registered online. NIN stands for National Identification Number. It is an initiative from the National Identity Management Commission of Nigeria(NIMC). The NIMC is an organization tasked to manage the National Identity Database in Nigeria.
The National Identification Number (NIN), according to the organization, is a set of numbers assigned to an individual upon successful enrolment into the NIN registration process.
How do I get a NIN in Nigeria?
To register and get your NIN number requires you to carry out few steps. Let look at the actions you need to follow for both the offline and NIN register online.
- Be eligible for the NIN registration. It is worthy to note that people below the age of 16 are not issued the NIN card. But the NIMC has made a provision on their official website where minors can be enrolled. If you are interested in enrolling children, check it is here.
- Download and fill out all the mandatory fields needed to be with your correct information.
- Walk into the nearest NIMC Registration Centre with any one of your valid supporting documents. Find enrolment centers in your location here.
Supporting Documents for NIN register online
Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN if you have one and any of the following required original and valid supporting documents:
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
What next for my NIN register online?
Suppose all your data and supporting documents are certified to be valid at the enrollment center. In that case, you will then be directed to proceed with biometric capturing after verification by an enrollment officer.
The biometric captures involve ten complete fingerprints and your facial image. After the biometric capture for your NIN register online, you will collect the Transaction ID Slip, which serves as evidence of the transaction.
The Transaction ID Slip is significant because it must be presented at the time of collection of NIN Slip, indicating completion of enrolment. So, it is advisable to store it carefully after enrollment.
How long does it take to get the NIN register online?
It takes few minutes to get completed. After completion, the National Identification Number (NIN) Slip issuance is between 2 to 3 working days after enrollment officers capture applicants’ biometric details at the enrollment center.
But this may take a more extended period due to validation processes done at the NIMC office.