Do you wish to learn how to gain admission into Ebonyi state university?
It is always the dream of every young Nigerian to gain admission into any reputable tertiary institution of their choice. However, most times these dreams are not achieved. These aspirants end up losing their admissions on the grounds of misinformation or lack of preparation.
Your admission process into your desired university begins from the moment you pick a jamb form. You must consider your chances of getting into the before applying for the school. It is also important that you intimate yourself with the admission requirements and understand if you will be able to beat the mark.
This article contains all you need to know about how to gain admission into Ebonyi state university.
How do I gain admission into Ebonyi state university?
Ebonyi state university remains one of the universities in the southeast with good records of massively admitting students. It is quite easier to gain admission into EBSU compared with most universities in Nigeria.
These include the fact that the EBSU admission requirements and the process is not as tedious as it is in other Universities.
So, it is worthy to know that the EBSU admission requirement for aspirants is easy to meet. While it is true that there are possibilities that there might be slight changes in EBSU admission requirements over the years, the pattern remains the same.
While the admission requirements differ for direct entry and UTME candidates, the problem for aspirants always lies in knowing when to do the right thing.
A lot of people dive straight into obtaining the admission form without getting to understand the underlying factors that may hinder their admission.
Having a good Jamb score is a nice way to go. This will give you high leverage against other aspirants, but there are other numerous factors/requirements to consider during your admission journey into EBSU.
Ebonyi state university admission requirements for 2021
Here are the admission requirements for UTME and direct entry aspirants into EBSU.
- EBSU Admission procedure will be carried out using the JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS).
- Aspirants must possess at least credit passes in O’level in Mathematics, English Language, and three other courses that are in line with their proposed field of study.
- Based on the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, admission and entrance tests will be conducted as an online screening. Candidates are advised to pick up the forms online.
- EBSU admission will be finalized upon presentation of the following documents;
- JAMB score- Minimum score (160)
- Pre-degree students – Minimum score (160)
- All O’level related documents as specified by JAMB
- Post UTME screening form
- Students must reach the required cut-off points for each department.
- Admission will be distributed according to the distribution quota system in all programs.
- For pre-degree aspirants are meant to put EBSU as their first or second choice, to stand a chance to be considered for admission.
- Direct Entry (DE) aspirants will be permitted to seek admission when they pass the online screening process.
- Direct entry (DE) aspirants for EBSU should possess a minimum of OND/OD Upper Credit. This will serve as a basic requirement for their admission into any of the programs.
EBSU Admission Procedure for Pre-Degree students
Aspirants that are seeking admission into EBSU as Pre-Degree students are given 5% of the admission quota for the supplementary admission.
EBSU admission procedure for Direct Entry Students
Admission procedure for EBSU Direct entry students 2021 remain the same as O’level requirement will be used as the basic requirement for consideration.
DE students aspiring for law will receive a wave if they have outstanding Direct Entry certificates. EBSU JUPEB result serves as a substitute for Direct Entry admission.
Ebonyi state university Admission Ratio
Admission into EBSU will be split in the ratio of 80:20, in the proportion between aspirants from the EBSU catchment area and students from other regions.
Therefore, the admission ratio between departmental choices will be split into 60:40 between the science and art department.
EBSU Concessional admission requirement
Just as the procedure goes on for years, concessional admission will be offered to students in the following departments.
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursing Science
- Medical Laboratory Science
Preferential treatment for EBSU admission
Biological children of the staff of EBSU will be considered for admission. So the staff in this category are required to collect and fill the forms in this regard and submit these forms to the HODs and admission office.
EBSU admission screening
Starting from the process of online screening, aspirants will be screened to confirm the validity of the documents that they provided.
Note that the official documents that will be screened for EBSU admission include;
- PDS slip
- Declaration of nationality
- UTME result
Aspirants that successfully pass the admission requirements of EBSU will have their names published in the EBSU admission list.
EBSU supplementary admission
Students that applied for admission into EBSU as their first choice have the opportunity to be considered for supplementary admission if they don’t meet the merit list.
They must meet the basic requirements for the categories that they applied for.
However, EBSU supplementary admission is not offered for candidates in the following categories.
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursing science
- Medical Laboratory science
Ebonyi state university Admission Quota Requirements
EBSU reserves a NUC-approved admission of 5117 students. This quota is judiciously split across all departments and faculties.
This quota is split into different categories;
- Merit Admission – 40%
- Catchment Area/Locality – 40%
- Direct Entry, JUPEB, Staff interest, pre-degree – 20%
EBSU admission for ELDS
So, candidates from Educationally less developed students are considered for admission. EBSU and the Ebonyi state government recognizes the following states as ELDS. Zamfara, Yobe, Sokoto, Taraba, Sokoto, Rivers, Niger, Plateau, Gombe, Nasarawa, Bauchi, Jigawa, Bayelsa, Kaduna, Borno, Benue, Cross River, Kebbi, Katsina, Kebbi, Ebonyi, Kwara, and Kogi state.
There will also be special consideration for students that are physically challenged.
Documents needed to process your EBSU admission include;
- JAMB Original result/slip
- JAMB Original E-admission letter
- Candidates credentials
- Post UTME screening slip/form
Getting admission into any university in Nigeria is a process of passion, preparation, and having the right information.
EBSU admission requirement is not an exception. Candidates are advised to be careful about who they commit the affairs of their admission process to their hands. This is to reduce the rates and tales that aspirants were scammed or duped.